- Migraine Canada - National Migraine Organization
Migraine Canada improves the lives of Canadians with migraine and other headache disorders through awareness, support, education, advocacy, and research.
- Migraine Québec - Québec, Provincial - français!
English - Migraine Québec’s mission is to offer support and information throughout Québec to those living with migraines or headaches, and to their family and friends, to help them better manage their condition and break isolation.
French - Migraine Québec a pour mission d’offrir du soutien et de l'information à l’échelle du Québec aux personnes vivant avec des migraines ou des céphalées ainsi qu’à leurs proches, afin de les aider à mieux gérer leur condition et à briser leur isolement.
- Help for Headaches - Ontario, Provincial
A volunteer-driven non-profit organization, with charitable status that is committed to educational services. They strive to put patients in-touch with treatment suggestions and specialists and reach-out to those who suffer -
taking a particular interest in chronic headaches.
Clinics and Centers
- Women's College Hospital Centre for Headache - Toronto, Ontario
The Centre for Headache provides expert evaluation and individualized treatment plans for patients suffering from migraine and other headache disorders.
- The Shapero Markham Headache and Pain Treatment Centre - Markham, Ontario
The Shapero Markham Headache and Pain Treatment Centre is a facility specializing in the multidisciplinary treatment of chronic head, neck, facial, and myofascial pain syndromes.
- Calgary Headache Assessment ManagementProgram (CHAMP) - Calgary, Alberta
The Calgary Headache Assessment and Management Program, located at South Health Campus in Calgary is a clinic that specializes in managing patients with complex headaches such as chronic migraine, cluster headache and other rare headache disorders.
- American Headache Society - Physicians or Researchers
The American Headache Society is the preeminent professional society of health care providers dedicated to the understanding & treatment of headaches and face pain. Founded in 1959, they offer Special Interest groups and also offer Awards to Researchers.
- American Migraine Foundation - US National
The American Migraine Foundation (AMF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of research and awareness surrounding migraine, a disabling condition.
- American Headache Centres - US - (some have inpatient programs)
* Note: these clinics are typically not covered by OHIP. Canadians most often incur an out-of-pocket expense.
- National Headache Foundation - Illinois and outlying US
The National Headache Foundation supports research in the field of headache and pain as part of its mission, which also includes offering education and information to headache sufferers.
- Migraine Research Foundation
Migraine Research Foundation raises money to fund research to discover the cause, improve the treatments, and find a cure for migraine.
- Association of Migraine Disorders
A non-profit seeking to end the suffering from migraine illness through collaboration, education, research and support.
- Migraine Again
Migraine Again provide migraine sufferers with content that affects all aspects of a persons live. Their website is filled with leading lifestyle articles for people suffering from migraine and the people who love and care for them.
- The Migraine Trust - National, UK
The Migraine Trust is on a mission to promote research into migraine and reduce its burden on sufferers so that one day there will be a cure. Research is at the heart of our work. We fund and encourage the highest quality of medical research into the causes and treatments for migraine.
- Migraine Association of Ireland - Ireland, Provincial
The Migraine Association of Ireland is a patient-orientated organisation, providing information and support for people that suffer with migraine.
- Organization for Understanding Cluster Headache - OUCH UK
Specializing in Cluster Headache, OUCH provides support, guidance and education for CH suffers, their families and the medical community.
- Lifting The Burden
UK charitable organization that provides support, educational, awareness for headaches through global campaigns.
- British Association for the Study of Migraine (BASH)
The British Association for the Study of Headache (BASH) is an organisation focused on relieving the effects of migraine across the UK. ... BASH has produced guidelines to help doctors in the diagnosis and management of common headache disorders.
- International Headache Society
International Classification of Headache Disorders (ICHD) Guidelines
- Note: there are other credible organizations but space does not permit us to list an exhaustive list
Headache Tracking Tools
Apple App - iHeadache
Free Headache and Migraine Diary App
- Migraine Diaries
The Migraine Trust
- Mindfulness Meditation for Migraine
UCLA free mindfulness meditation tapes - free in English and Spanish https://www.uclahealth.org/marc/body.cfm?id=22&utm_content=bufferb5 53f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer #.V89ANb94MoM.buffer
An EEG device widely used by neuroscience researchers. This headset translates your brainwaves into guiding sounds of weather. It is an effective way to learn correct mediation. www.choosemuse.com/blog/tag/migraine/?email
- Yoga for Migraine
an instruction YouTube website
- note: this very short list allows you to research Relaxation Techniques. There are many more!
Headache Publications (for Physicians and Professionals)
Mentioned here by name only - consult The Canadian Headache Society/Migraine Canada website
- Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences
Migraine Guidelines published 2012/13
- Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
published quarterly by the American Headache Society, this journal features professional articles from experts from around the world.
- The Journal of Headache and Pain
The Journal of Headache and Pain is a peer-reviewed journal that is specifically dedicated to researchers involved in all aspects of headache and related pain syndromes, including epidemiology, public health, basic science, translational medicine, clinical trials and real-world data
- Cephalagia: An International Journal of Headache
An international headache journal published on behalf of the International Headache Society, called Cephalalgia.